Google Analytics

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea by Yannick Alléno opened recently on the 4th floor of the Taipei 101 Mall, not too far from STAY. So far I have not sat down at Sweet Tea and only purchased a couple of things to go and I quite enjoyed them.

The first time I went I bought a St. Honoré and it was excellent, just as I remembered when I ate it at STAY. The pastry is priced at NT$190, which seems to be a better deal than eating it at STAY. The packaging is also very beautiful and fancier than a Hermes tie box: a square box with magnetic closure, light grey on the outside and green on the inside. The pastry sits on a folded cardboard with handles that that can be lifted out of the box. The St. Honoré was just delicious and beautiful to look at.



The second time I went I bought a box of macarons which are priced at NT$80 each with a box of eight at NT$580; the prices are very reasonable. There are eight flavors to choose from and all of them are quite good. The packaging with the pink color lined sturdy box is also very nice.



While I didn't really like STAY, I am quite happy with Sweet Tea. It is a nice addition to the pastry shops in Taipei and certainly on par with two of the bests in town: Salon de Thé de Joël Robuchon and Pâtisserie Sadaharu Aoki. I look forward to buying more things from Sweet Tea.

1 comment: