Google Analytics

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Writing

Recently I spent a whole day writing a short text for the design concept of a project; it was a struggle. While I couldn't believe how long it took, I was reminded of an interview David Remnick, Editor-in-Chief of The New Yorker, did with Princeton Alumni Weekly. He was asked, "Are you doing any writing now?"

He replied, "I had a piece in the magazine about a month ago. But there’s only so many hours in the day. I have three children and recently moved. I’m a fairly quick writer, but you can’t just say, “Here’s two hours and I’ll get two hours of writing done.” You need eight hours in order to get two hours of writing done. You need to screw around, you need to stare at the screen, you need to walk to the refrigerator."

No comments:

Post a Comment