Google Analytics

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Shelved

With the arrival of our container I have been busy putting our books on to the Billy shelves we purchased from Ikea. We probably have around 2500 books and approximately half of them are on architecture. Just about all of the books were acquired after high school. The process of organizing the books triggers memories of the various parts of my life: the fascination with Le Corbusier, economics, and music in college; the interest in philosophy, Mies, and modern art in graduate school; and the pursuit of excellence in cooking and child rearing in recent years. While I now spend more and more time on the computer, I still enjoy buying and reading books. Since looking at the contents of other people's bookshelves is one of my favorite things to do, I thought I share a couple of views of my bookshelves.



1 comment:

  1. 2500! but i must say books are the hardest possessions to let go. but one runs out of space in a small new york city apartment and i can't keep hiding them under my bed. now i'm starting to make use of the library, especially for fiction.

    ReplyDelete